Gold Coast Conveyancing at ABKJ
What is Conveyancing?
If you're looking to buy or sell your home or property in Queensland, you're bound to have heard the term 'conveyancing' by now. Real estate conveyancing is an area of Property Law, and is the legal process of buying and selling real estate.
Why do I need a Conveyancing Lawyer?
Conveyancing is an adversarial legal process; it's you versus everyone else involved in the transaction. Make a mistake when you're buying or selling real estate and it's going to be costly, but get your property conveyancing done correctly from day one and you'll have a clear understanding and protection of all your rights in the transaction.
In a world where conveyancing companies offer cut-price solutions, getting an experienced conveyancer to work on your behalf could end up being one of the most cost-effective real estate decisions you ever make. Additionally, if the transaction turns into a dispute, you will have the comfort of knowing that our litigation department is ready to enforce your rights with the skill that comes from years of conveyancing experience.
For a handy guide on buying property on the Gold Coast, read our article: 9 Tips on Buying a Property
ABKJ's Conveyancing Queensland
ABKJ's Conveyancing Team have a wealth of experience and will provide a professional service that is personal to you. Based on the Gold Coast, we can assist with property conveyancing all throughout Queensland.
We offer competitive rates on all fixed conveyancing fees. But what does that mean for clients in terms of value for money? At ABKJ Lawyers, our conveyancing service includes:
- No obligation free quotes;
- Conveyancing quotes are fixed fees, so there are no unexpected surprises;
- Free review and comprehensive advice of REIQ/ADL Contracts including recommendations for any issues which we feel will safeguard our clients’ interests. For example, ensuring Body Corporate Disclosure Statements are completed using the appropriate form. Failure to include the appropriate form in the contract will enable a Buyer to terminate the contract at any time up to the settlement date;
- Guarantee that we will speak with clients in person, via email or over the telephone with a 24 hour return phone call and email policy;
- Ensuring client communication is a priority so that you are kept informed every step of the way by providing a friendly and supportive service, informing clients of their obligations at every stage, providing reminders for upcoming contract conditions and regularly keeping clients updated on the status of their transaction and when settlement is effected;
- Ensuring we accommodate our clients as much as possible including depositing settlement proceeds into a client’s nominated account as soon as practicable following settlement and delivering keys to real estate agents;
- Expertise in negotiating contract amendments and seeking extensions of time;
- Expertise in liaising with financiers, banks and mortgage brokers to ensure your finance is ready to proceed on time;
- Expertise in stamp duty legislation so we can ensure you receive any concessions you may be entitled to;
- Ensuring that your file does not stop at settlement but that it remains open until the property has been formally transferred and any outstanding issues have been resolved; and
- Providing immediate legal advice from a solicitor in the firm if an issue arises which requires specialist attention.
ABKJ's Conveyancing Team
Vivien Foote - Conveyancing Manager
Vivien Foote has over 33 years’ experience in the conveyancing industry in Queensland. Employed by ABKJ Lawyers in 1991, she is one of the longest serving employees of the firm.
Promoted to Conveyancing Manager in 1998, Vivien is the driving force behind the ABKJ Conveyancing Team. Whilst managing her own files, Vivien oversees the work undertaken by Nielan Lesko, Suzanne Ryan and Nicole Holland. With an attention to detail and a desire to ensure ABKJ Lawyers provides the best customer service on the Gold Coast, Vivien leads a team that is second-to-none in the field of conveyancing. Bolstered by an open office environment which ensures her team can freely discuss conveyancing issues at any time, Vivien oversees a team that can provide a service which ensures every client receives the best possible advice at all times.
With her wealth of experience, Vivien has the ability to assist a wide array of clients with both residential and commercial conveyancing, off-the-plan conveyancing and contract preparation, Council resumption/acquisition issues, timeshare sales or purchases and has knowledge of leasing, tenancy and deceased estates so far as they relate to conveyancing. Vivien also has a working knowledge of the Duties Act, the Body Corporate & Community Management Act, the Property Law Act and the Land Title Act.
Nielan Lesko – Assistant Conveyancing Manager
Nielan Lesko has over 17 years’ experience in the conveyancing industry in Queensland and has been an integral member of the ABKJ Conveyancing Team since 2008. In addition to managing her own files, Nielan is the Assistant Conveyancing Manager for the Conveyancing Team. Her experience, skills and customer service ability are exemplary thereby ensuring ABKJ Lawyers always provides a superior service.
In addition to her experience as a conveyancer, Nielan also has the experience and skills necessary to assist a wide array of clients with both residential and commercial conveyancing, off-the-plan conveyancing and contract preparation, Council resumption/acquisition issues, timeshare sales or purchases and has knowledge of leasing, tenancy and deceased estates so far as they relate to conveyancing.
Suzanne Ryan and Nicole Holland - Conveyancers
With more than 25 years’ combined experience in the conveyancing industry in Queensland, Suzanne Ryan and Nicole Holland round out the ABKJ Conveyancing Team. Managing their own files, both Sue and Nicole are skilled conveyancers who have a passion for providing a service that exceeds client expectations. By working in a team focused environment, Sue and Nicole take a proactive approach to their conveyancing files, ensuring that any potential issues are identified with the client informed and protected every step of the way.
While conveyancing matters are managed by our conveyancing paralegals, our partners maintain a high level of involvement and supervision at all stages of the transaction. We understand that the purchase or sale of your home is one of the most important financial commitments you'll make in your life, so we conduct the matter with that level of important in mind.
Why Choose Us For Conveyancing?
At ABKJ Lawyers, we understand that selling or purchasing a property can be stressful. It is our goal to reduce that stress by providing a comprehensive service for a competitive price. We understand that as a client, you want to be regularly informed and properly represented should an issue arise.
Not only will our Conveyancing Team ensure you feel like you are their only client, they have the capacity to act promptly and resolve issues as they arise to ensure your transaction achieves settlement as smoothly as possible.