Ruth is an Accredited Specialist in Family Law, and a Senior Associate of the firm.
Quick Facts about Ruth Jeffers:
- Holds a Bachelor of Laws from Monash University
- Holds a Bachelor of Teaching and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Melbourne
- Became an Accredited Specialist in Family Law in 2011, and has maintained her accreditation for ten years
- Has practised family law in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland, and has appeared in both State and Commonwealth Courts, including the Federal Circuit Court and Family Court of Australia
- Is a very experienced Independent Children’s Lawyer
In particular, Ruth has comprehensive experience in the following areas of family law:
- Resolution of disputes involving children, such as post-separation parenting arrangements, relocation disputes, recovery orders, international travel, paternity disputes, changing a child’s name; matters where children are at high risk
- Property negotiation and settlement, including superannuation and spousal maintenance
- Divorce – applying for / responding to
- Matters involving domestic and family violence
- Court representation and advocacy at all stages of proceedings
- Legal representation in mediation (parenting and/or property matters)
Ruth’s conciliatory and pragmatic style encourages the early resolution of matters, where possible. In circumstances where Court proceedings are necessary, Ruth is a very experienced, confident advocate who guides her clients through every step of litigation, as may be required.
“I am dedicated to providing my clients with a sound pathway to the resolution of their family law matters, so they may move on with their lives and look forward to a secure future”.
Ruth welcomes your family law enquiry and would be pleased to meet with you for an initial consultation.