Sport And The Law
With an array of sporting fields and stadiums, surfing competitions and competitive endurance events, it's clear that the Gold Coast loves its sports.
Whether you are a professional athlete and sport to you is your occupation, a recreation, a product or an industry, there are many legal issues that can arise where you need qualified advice to protect your rights, reputation or commercial interests.
Sports law is an umbrella term used to describe the legal framework surrounding issues in the world of both amateur and professional sports, and was established as a separate and important entity only a few decades ago, coinciding with the rise of player-agents and increased media scrutiny of sports law topics. Sports law is closely related and sometimes overlaps with both labor law, contract law, antitrust law and tort law.
The sports industry and the law operate differently to the commercial world, so you need legal advice from a sports lawyer, someone with industry knowledge and proven experience in Australian sports law.
ABKJ's sports lawyers can help secure and negotiate contracts, facilitate sponsorship deals, resolve labor disputes, and manage any internal issues between clients and their clubs or sports agents including breach of contract.
Sports Lawyers Gold Coast
The team at ABKJ legal team specialise in a wide range of legal areas relating to sports law and have a great understanding of sport bodies and sports governance. From amateur players to competitive athletes, sporting clubs, corporations, and national sporting bodies, we tailor advice to suit your circumstances.
Our types of sports law services include;
- Legal advice for sports clubs, corporations, and associations
- Social media matters (rights, slander, and intellectual property)
- Discrimination issues Litigation
- Workplace Health and Safety in a sporting context
- Drafting employment contracts
- Legal contracts for sponsorship, advertising, and other sporting agreements
- Protection of intellectual property for teams, athletes and sporting events, including the usage of names, logos, images and signage.
- Counselling players in personal affairs in other areas of law…
For more information about sports law and how ABKJ Lawyers can help you, please contact us today.