Quick Facts About Andrew Kyle
Andrew has particular expertise in body corporate matters, where he regularly takes instructions from body corporates and owners in south east Queensland in advisory, transactional and dispute resolution matters.
He is one of only a handful of lawyers in south east Queensland who practices predominantly in body corporate law. He has recent experience:
- Acting in by-law enforcement matters;
- Acting in building defects matters;
- Acting in caretaking disputes, including in contested matters before QCAT;
- Acting in adjudications before the Body Corporate Commissioner's Office;
- In recovering significant volumes of unpaid body corporate levies from lot owners;
- Acting in management rights assignment matters;
- Acting in management rights top up and variation matters;
- Acting in construction payment adjudications before the Queensland Building & Construction Commission and appeals to the Supreme Court;
- Advising parties in technical compliance and advisory matters, including in respect of layered and integrated resort schemes;
- Acting for parties in matters before the Australian Human Rights Commission and Fair Work Commission;
- Advising on and drafting best practice by-laws;
- Advising on the drafting of motions for significant works projects; and
- Assisting with the establishment of new schemes.
In addition to his body corporate practice, Andrew routinely takes instructions in general property and commercial matters, commercial litigation, succession planning and estate administration.
Andrew was born and raised on the Gold Coast and educated at The Southport School, Bond University (where he attained a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Commerce) and the Queensland University of Technology (where he attained a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice).
Andrew was admitted to the partnership effective from 1 July 2017.